CLP stats: last 500 posts

Wildman best_lay at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 11 11:02:56 EST 2016

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:31:33 -0500, DFS wrote:

After correcting my stupid oversights, the code runs fine
up to the point where the user agents are printed.  I get
an error saying that 'User-Agent' is an unsupported header
field.  It must have something to do with giganews.  If I
use aioe.org I don't get the error and the user agents are
printed.

I don't think it is a problem with the code but any thoughts
why giganews is not playing nice?  And it is not related to
the python group.  I have tried on other groups and i get
the same error.  Here is the complete error message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./nntp.py", line 27, in <module>
    printStat("User-Agent","User-Agents",m)
  File "./nntp.py", line 12, in printStat
    r,d=n.xhdr(st,'%s-%s'%rg)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/nntplib.py", line 470, in xhdr
    resp, lines = self.longcmd('XHDR ' + hdr + ' ' + str, file)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/nntplib.py", line 273, in longcmd
    return self.getlongresp(file)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/nntplib.py", line 244, in getlongresp
    resp = self.getresp()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/nntplib.py", line 229, in getresp
    raise NNTPPermanentError(resp)
nntplib.NNTPPermanentError: 501 unsupported header field

--
<Wildman> GNU/Linux user #557453
The cow died so I don't need your bull!