CLP stats: last 500 posts

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 11:15:15 EST 2016

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 4:28 AM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>> comp.lang.python is a mirror of the python-list at python dot org mailing
>> list, which has an official web archive:
>>
>> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/
>

> These slanderous posts, in particular, are hand-removed from the archive
> when they get past the automatic filters.  They are no more part of
> python-list than other spam.

Are they still getting past SpamBayes? A couple months ago, I trained
the instance on m.p.o on a few of those spams. I haven't seen any
others since then, and no messages on the postmaster list discussing
them. I just skimmed the archives for November and December but saw no
examples. Generally, when Ralf or Mark delete spams, then manually
rewrite the Subject: and From: headers and zero out the message body.
I saw nothing like those placeholders either.

Skip