python 2.7.12 on Linux behaving differently than on Windows

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 19:23:03 EST 2016

On 12/08/2016 04:19 PM, BartC wrote:
> What were we talking about again? Oh yes, belittling me because I work
> with Windows!

Yes it's kind of getting that way, which means this conversation is at
an end.  I don't think Chris or Steven or anyone else who has gone round
and round with you has meant to demean you personally.

Some of the responses have been a bit strong, because your own arguments
have come off rather harsh--something along the lines of you can't
believe anyone would actually use Linux, let alone like it because it's
so backwards compared to the way you are used to, in your own opinion.

None of this would matter much, but you apparently want to port your
programs to run under Linux, which is going to be a really rough
experience without a little broad-mindedness on your part.

And now for something completely different, and to move the thread back
on topic, I think everyone would be well served to watch this little
educational and informational Python video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y