MacOSX SpeechRecognition installation problems

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 13:34:52 EST 2016

On 12/08/2016 11:23 AM, 3dB wrote:
> Anton, Thanks for the detailed response. I will look into virtualenv
> and others. Please excuse beginner's question, but is Xcode of any
> use in this type of situation?

Not directly, but it does provide a C compiler, which some Python
modules require when you build and install them.  So having Xcode
installed could be a requirement for installing some python modules (but
not all, nor is it required to run python scripts).

Are you asking if there are some nice IDEs available for working with
Python?