calling a program from Python batch file

Bob Gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:31:28 EST 2016

On Dec 7, 2016 11:40 AM, "Karim Farokhnia" <karim.farokhnia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am writing a batch file in Python. The batch file, in part, calls a
program named "oq-console.bat" to run. Then once the program comes up (it
looks like windows CMD), I need the batch file to type some commands to
make it run (just like I would do it by myself).

> I need the batch file does the whole things automatically, I mean calls
the program, types in commands and press enter!

Try using the stdin argument of subprocess.

> So far, I have used the below Python codes in my batch file to do that;
>

> import subprocess
>
> subprocess.call(["C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenQuake
Engine\oq-console.bat", "oq --run", "job.ini"])

> Note that the first string is the program, and the last two are the
commands which needs to be typed in.