Detect Linux Runlevel

Wildman best_lay at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 14:27:42 EST 2016

On Tue, 06 Dec 2016 13:06:35 -0600, Tim Chase wrote:

> On 2016-12-06 12:10, Wildman via Python-list wrote:
>> If I had tried this in the beginning, it would have
>> save you a lot of work.
>>
>> Since both versions of the code works, which one do
>> you recommend?  Or does it matter?
>
> Heh, I'm not sure it matters much.  The code I provided should be
> expandable for tidily handling other entries in utmp, allowing you to
> search for other system events that might interest you (check out the
> invocation of the filter() function which filters by type).

Yes, your code is very expandable and I will keep it
archived for that reason.  In the future I might want
to delve further into utmp.  But right now all I need
is the runlevel.

> Since I've already done the leg-work, I mildly advocate using my
> version since it should be pretty clean and easy to expand.  But if
> you want the satisfaction of using your code, I won't take offense :-)
>
> -tkc

Yes, I think I will use my code.  No offense intended. :-)
Again, I do appreciate all your work on my behalf.  I hope
some day I can return the favor.

--
<Wildman> GNU/Linux user #557453
The cow died so I don't need your bull!