python 2.7.12 on Linux behaving differently than on Windows

Larry Hudson orgnut at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 02:37:13 EST 2016

On 12/05/2016 10:50 AM, BartC wrote:

>>     And just what ARE A, C, and D?
>
> It doesn't matter, and is not the concern of the shell. It should restrict itself to the basic
> parsing that may be necessary when parameters are separated by white-space and commas, if a
> parameter can contain white-space or commas. That usually involves surrounding the parameter
> with quotes.
>
> One would be very annoyed if, reading a CSV file, where each of N values on a line correspond to
> a field of record, if one entry of "?LBC" expanded itself to a dozen entries, screwing
> everything up.

Now you're suggesting the _shell_ is going to read and process a CVS file???

> Shell command line processing shouldn't be attempting anything more than that.

I get awfully tired of your constant pontificating about your opinions.  I know they're _VERY_
strongly held beliefs on your part, but...  they are ONE person's opinions and are no more than
opinions and they ain't gonna change nothin', no how, no way, not ever.

[Sorry, I'm in a bad mood today and just had to let off a little steam...]

--
      -=- Larry -=-