python 2.7.12 on Linux behaving differently than on Windows

Nathan Ernst nathan.ernst at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 21:51:01 EST 2016

Ifyou're running on Windows 10, at least, you can soon purge that memory.
command.com doesn't exist (may never have existed on Win2k, XP, Vista, 7,
8, 8.1 or 10). If I try and run either "command" or "command.com" from
Win10, both say command cannot be found.

IIRC, command.com was a relic of Win9x running on top of DOS and was a
16-bit executable, so inherently crippled (and probably never support by
the NT kernel). Whereby cmd.exe coexisted but ran in a 32-bit context.