python 2.7.12 on Linux behaving differently than on Windows

Nathan Ernst nathan.ernst at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 21:42:19 EST 2016

Rather than argue about what is/should be allowed by a filesystem, this
defines what is allowed on NTFS (default for modern Windows systems):
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365247(v=vs.85).aspx

One can complain about whether or not something should be allowed, but,
you'd have to take that up with Microsoft (and I'll doubt you'll make a
convincing enough argument for them to change it).

What is allowed on linux may be defined by linux itself, and it may be
restricted by the filesystem type itself (I don't know).

Regards,
Nathan