compile error when using override

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Fri Dec 2 00:02:04 EST 2016

On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 01:35 pm, Ho Yeung Lee wrote:

> from __future__ import division
> import ast
> from sympy import *
> x, y, z, t = symbols('x y z t')
> k, m, n = symbols('k m n', integer=True)
> f, g, h = symbols('f g h', cls=Function)
> import inspect

Neither ast nor inspect is used. Why import them?

The only symbols you are using are x and y.

> def op2(a,b):
>     return a*b+a

This doesn't seem to be used. Get rid of it.

> class AA(object):
>     @staticmethod
>     def __additionFunction__(a1, a2):
>         return a1*a2 #Put what you want instead of this
>     def __multiplyFunction__(a1, a2):
>         return a1*a2+a1 #Put what you want instead of this
>     def __divideFunction__(a1, a2):
>         return a1*a1*a2 #Put what you want instead of this

None of those methods are used. Get rid of them.

>     def __init__(self, value):
>         self.value = value
>     def __add__(self, other):
>         return self.value*other.value

Sorry, you want AA(5) + AA(2) to return 10?

>     def __mul__(self, other):
>         return self.value*other.value + other.value
>     def __div__(self, other):
>         return self.value*other.value*other.value
>
> solve([AA(x)*AA(y) + AA(-1), AA(x) + AA(-2)], x, y)

I don't understand what you are trying to do here. What result are you
execting?

Maybe you just want this?

from sympy import solve, symbols
x, y = symbols('x y')
print( solve([x*y - 1, x - 2], x, y) )

which prints the result:

Perhaps if you explain what you are trying to do, we can help better.

But please, cut down your code to only code that is being used!

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.