Fatal Python error

eryk sun eryksun at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 16:20:07 EDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Wanderer <864483459 at qq.com> wrote:
> The system environment I alse configured.The Sigil project also build successed.
> But When I run the Sigil.exe that follow errors occured.
> ------------------
> Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: unable to load the file system codec

This is an expected error if Python can't find the standard library.
For example:

    C:\>cmd /c "set PYTHONHOME=C:\ & python"
    Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: unable to load the file system codec
    ImportError: No module named 'encodings'

Maybe you have a stale PYTHONHOME setting (generally this variable
should not be set permanently), or maybe you've put the standard
library (possibly python36.zip) somewhere unexpected.