degrees and radians.

Roel Schroeven roel at roelschroeven.net
Wed Aug 24 17:40:54 EDT 2016

murdocksgranpa at gmail.com schreef op 2016-08-24 06:08:
> Also Borland C and C++ used Degrees and NOT Radians.. go look at the libraries

You have a reference for that? Borland C++ Builder Help from C++ Builder
5 disagrees with you:

"sin, sinl

Header File
math.h

Category
Math Routines

Syntax
#include <math.h>
double sin(double x);
long double sinl(long double x);

Description
Calculates sine.

sin computes the sine of the input value. Angles are specified in radians.

sinl is the long double version; it takes a long double argument and
returns a long double result. Error handling for these functions can be
modified through the functions _matherr and _matherrl.

Return Value
sin and sinl return the sine of the input value."

The VCL trigonometry functions also use radians. From the same help system:

"SinCos

Returns sine and cosine of an angle.

Unit
Math

Category
Trigonometry routines

extern PACKAGE void __fastcall SinCos(Extended Theta, Extended &Sin,
Extended &Cos);

Description
Call SinCos to obtain the sine and cosine of an angle expressed in
radians. Theta specifies the angle. The sine and cosine are returned by
the Sin and Cos parameters, respectively.

SinCos is twice as fast as calling Sin and Cos separately for the same
angle."

I could also copy some entries from the C++Builder 2010 documentation;
they all use radians too.

Best regards,
Roel

--
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge
faster than society gathers wisdom.

Roel Schroeven