python module install manully

ldompeling at casema.nl ldompeling at casema.nl
Fri Aug 19 15:29:25 EDT 2016

I have a module insteon.py what I need to install manually because it is not in the python index packages.
I copied the module in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages and /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages.

When I try to import the module insteon.py I get this error:
Does someone knows what the problem can be.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 15, in <module>
    from insteon import Insteon
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/insteon.py", line 25, in <module>
    config = configuration.loadConfig()
AttributeError: Configuration instance has no attribute 'loadConfig'