I am new to python. I have a few questions coming from an armature!

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Wed Aug 17 15:39:08 EDT 2016

On 2016-08-17 18:58, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> MRAB <python at mrabarnett.plus.com>:
>
>> C uses "->" for dereferencing a pointer to the member of a struct.
>
> What "->" is for C, "." is Python and Java.
>
> Python doesn't have C's ".".

C has both stacked-allocated and heap-allocated records. That's not the
case with Python or Java.

Delphi, which is basically an extended Pascal, allows you to omit the
"^" when dereferencing a pointer to a field in a record, so you can
write "p.m" instead of "p^.m" when "p" is a pointer to a record.