I am new to python. I have a few questions coming from an armature!

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 11:12:10 EDT 2016

On 2016-08-17, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:

> Somewhat analogously, I remember how confusing it was to learn formal
> logic in college. I was having a hard time getting the point of
> definitions like:
>
>    (x ∧ y) is true iff x is true and y is true
>
> That's because I had learned in highschool that "x ∧ y" was just an
> abbreviation of "x and y".

It is.  The expression "x ∧ y" is the same as "x and y".  And that
expression is true "iff x is true and y is true".  It's just a sligtly
more explicit way of writing the expression...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I joined scientology
                                  at               at a garage sale!!