docs on pythonhosted.org not updating with new version?

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 16 14:33:04 EDT 2016

On 16-8-2016 0:11, Irmen de Jong wrote:
> Hi,
> as I've always done for a new release I've uploaded new versions of my package's
> documentation files, but they are not showing up on Pythonhosted.org - the previous
> version is still there.
>
> Is there something wrong with the update mechanism?
>
> I've been using "python3 setup.py build_sphinx upload_docs" to build and upload the docs
> and it comes back with a 200 Ok response from the pypi server. The same commands used to
> work fine on previous occasions...

Btw, manually uploading a zip file with the documentation via the web form on my
project's Pypi page *did* work as advertised and updated the documentation. So it seems
to me as if the setuptools upload_docs task is no longer working....?

I tried to extract more information from setuptools but adding the -v option didn't
result in more diagnostic info. So I have no idea what is happening with it behind the
curtains yet.

Irmen