I am new to python. I have a few questions coming from an armature!

alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 15 11:07:17 EDT 2016

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 07:00:47 -0700, Sickfit92 wrote:

> 1. How long did it take you guys to master the language or, let me put
> it this way to completely get the hang and start writing code?
>
> 2. What made you want to learn python?
>
> 3. Was it difficult to learn the language?
>
> 4. Have you been able to get a job out of your new skill?
>
> Thank you guys! I'm pretty much Obsessed with python!

1) time taken depends on how much code writing you do.
is should not take more than a few hours to get the basics. then it boils
down to finding  a project or to that pique your interest & trying to
implement them. you will probably keep using design concepts from
previous languages that are not best practice for Python (not "Pythonic")
 one working you probably want to keep looking at re-factoring them to
become more "pythonic"

Some concepts took more time than others before I had the "Light bulb"
moment, Comprehensions & decorators being the most notable although
Lambda still escapes me, fortunately these can all be unrolled into
larger functions so are not essential in the early stages

2) it was widely reported as being a suitable language for learning, I
was previously an Assembler level language & always found c to be not
much better. programming solely for fun I wanted something less
restrictive

3) No, although getting out of habits formed from BASIC took some time

--
	Mr. Jones related an incident from "some time back" when IBM
Canada