What's the best way to minimize the need of run time checks?

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Sun Aug 14 14:21:14 EDT 2016

MRAB <python at mrabarnett.plus.com> writes:
>> I don't know many untyped languages apart from machine code or maybe
>> assembly. Perhaps Forth? (Maybe not -- some Forths include a separate
>> floating point stack as well as the usual stack.)

Forth is essentially untyped.  There's no distinction between integers,
characters, and pointers.  There is usually a separate FP stack, but FP
variables are stored in memory just like integers, and there's no
distinction between the memory cells.  You just use a different command
to push the contents of a memory cell onto the FP stack than onto the
integers stack.