How to add data in xlm file ?

Karim kliateni at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 14:49:17 EDT 2016

On 13/08/2016 11:05, Asad ur Rehman wrote:
> def Test(request):
>
>      save_path = '/usr/share/newfies/'
>
>      name_of_file = ("Avatar")
>
>      completeName = os.path.join(save_path, name_of_file+".xlm")
>
>      file1 = open(completeName, "w")
>
>      toFile = raw_input("Write what you want into the field")
>
>      file1.write(toFile)
>
>      file1.close()
>
> This is code for save file in specific directory.Output of this file is empty i want to get data from database i write database query in it but it did't work.Example\
>
> def Test(request):
>
>      save_path = '/usr/share/newfies/'
>
>      name_of_file = ("Avatar")
>
>      completeName = os.path.join(save_path, name_of_file+".xlm")
>
>      file1 = open(completeName, "w")
>
>      toFile = Subscriber.objects.all().count()
>
>      file1.write(toFile)
>
>      file1.close()
>

> Subscriber is table name in my database.
>
> How can i get data ?
> Thanks in advance !

Hello,

Use the standard module (I use python2.7), code not tested If my memory
is good this is the general way to do it:

from xml.dom               import minidom
from xml.etree             import ElementTree as et

from xml.etree.ElementTree import ElementTree, Element

fname = "my_input_file"

xml_data = et.parse(fname)

root_element = xml_data.getroot()

new_element = et.Element("new_tag")

root_element.append(new_element)

new_element.set('new_attribute', 'attribute value')

fout = "my_ouput_file"

fout.write(prettify(root_element))

Where prettify() is defined by:

def prettify(element):
     """
     Pretty print to an indented XML output.

     @param element   a Element object.

     @return a pretty-printed XML string for the element.
     """
     # The idea is to print your Element in a string, parse it using
     # minidom and convert it again in XML using toprettyxml function.
     raw_string = et.tostring(element, encoding='UTF-8', method='xml')
     reparsed   = minidom.parseString(raw_string)

     return reparsed.toprettyxml(indent='\t', encoding='UTF-8')

Cheers
Karim