What's the best way to minimize the need of run time checks?

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Sat Aug 13 08:08:22 EDT 2016

On 13/08/2016 12:10, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 8:09 PM, BartC <bc at freeuk.com> wrote:

> And if subclassing isn't enough, there's no end of stuff you can do
> with decorators. Try this:
>
> class Foo:
>     @prop
>     class demo:
>         """Declarative property"""
>         def get(self):
>             print("Getting %s.demo" % self)
>             return 42
>         def set(self, val):
>             print("Setting %s.demo" % self)
>         def delete(self):
>             print("Deleting %s.demo" % self)
>
> Yaknow, because @property is just waaaaaaay too clunky, right? :) But
> I needed a simple demo. The decorator isn't even all that complicated.
>
> def prop(cls):
>     return property(cls.get, getattr(cls, "set"), getattr(cls,
> "delete"), cls.__doc__)

Which level is this nearer to, human thoughts or cpu codes?

My knowledge of Python isn't advanced enough to understand what this
does. But if you would be good enough to explain or to show the end
results (what it makes possible) then I could get an opinion as to how
hard it might be with less dynamic features.

(But don't try and explain decorators. I've tried several times to get
my head around them.)

--
bartc