Asynchronous programming

Steven D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Thu Aug 11 07:50:45 EDT 2016

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 03:34 pm, Paul Rudin wrote:

> Steven D'Aprano <steve+python at pearwood.info> writes:
>

>> Is there a good beginner's tutorial introducing the basics of
>> asynchronous programming? Starting with, why and where would you use it?
>
> You could do worse than watch Dave Beazley's pycon talk:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYe8W04ERnY

Instructions unclear, poked myself in the eye with a sharp stick.

I will, thanks for the reference, but in general I find that videos are good
for giving the illusion of understanding. It all seems so very clear at the
time, and then twenty minutes later it's all "Now did he say to rotate the
shifter or shift the rotator? How far into the talk was that bit again?"

Between programmers taking screenshots of code instead of copying and
pasting text, and the popularity of video over written examples, I'm
feeling like Master Li at the end of "The Story Of The Stone".

Bonus points to anyone who gets the reference without having to google it.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.