What's the best way to minimize the need of run time checks?

Michael Selik michael.selik at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 16:50:19 EDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016, 4:34 PM Juan Pablo Romero Méndez <
jpablo.romero at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been trying to find (without success so far) an example of a situation
> where the dynamic features of a language like Python provides a clear
> advantage over languages with more than one type.

Only one type? There are a great variety of types for Python objects. Even
Python classes have types. Further, you can modify types at runtime! It's a
typing bonanza!

I suppose you could argue we're conflating types and classes. If so, it
sounds like you started this conversation with an ulterior motive and not
to learn about best practices for runtime type checking in Python.