Error running the exe file in Windows "Failed to execute script pyi_rth_pkgres"

Ernest Bonat, Ph.D. ernest.bonat at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 10:11:09 EDT 2016

Hi,

I have fixed this problem by following the steps:

1. Uninstall the PyInstaller downloaded from http://www.pyinstaller.org/
pip install pyinstaller

2. Install the PyInstaller from the GitHub developer repository
pip install https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/archive/develop.zip

Still not clear to me why the main site http://www.pyinstaller.org/ does
not have the latest release?

Thanks