Awful code of the week

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 23:46:07 EDT 2016

On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 1:54:51 AM UTC-5, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Seen in the office IRC channel:
>

> (13:23:07) fred:     near_limit = []
> (13:23:07) fred:     near_limit.append(1)
> (13:23:07) fred:     near_limit = len(near_limit)
> (13:23:09) fred: WTF

Sure, this code smells of nauseous superfluity, but what
comes after these three lines? Is this _all_ there is? Or
are these three lines merely the initial setup stage for a
complex looping algorithm? Cherry picking a few lines from a
script and then judging them "unworthy", would not be a
fair. We should never attempt to purposely mimic the abysmal
state of justice in the USA.