Call for Assistance

Charles Ross chivalry at mac.com
Mon Aug 8 21:52:25 EDT 2016

I’ve begun a new book called Meta Python that I’m looking for assistance with. The book is one I wish was out there, and so am writing. The book is targeted at experienced programmers who are novice Python users and want to move from that point to one where they have published to PyPI.

I’m specifically looking for three types of users to assist me:

- Expert Python developers who are willing to confirm and correct the technical details, since I’m getting to the material that I want to learn and therefore need to teach. So far that only really includes virtual environments, covered in chapter 2, but will soon include many other topics.
- Developers like me, who aren’t new to programming but are perhaps new to Python and certainly new to publishing to PyPI, and who can provide feedback on the clarity and usefulness of the content.
- Linux and Windows Python users who would be willing to assist in making the book a bit less Mac-centric.

The book is being hosted at https://github.com/chivalry/meta-python <https://github.com/chivalry/meta-python>. The introduction and first two chapters have their initial drafts complete, but you’ll see a few “TODOs” in there. Any and all feedback is appreciated, and preferred through the GitHub Issues system, but feel free to email me if you prefer.

Thanks,
Chuck