Python and 64bit Windows7

James Santiago jamesfriendsfamily at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 08:44:54 EDT 2016

Hello:

Thank you for your reply.

Here are the steps I took, and the error messages I get:

I have a windows7 laptop with 64bit intel i3.  25Gb hard-drive space left,
5Gb usable RAM space. (at the time of installing Python)

1) on the first attempt I chose the default choice in installer.
Installation did not give any errors whatsoever.  I then installed PyCharm
- again with default choice and successful.  When I open PyCharm, it did
not locate the Interpreter automatically.  When I did guide it to the
correct path for Python location, a Python window (labeled Modify Setup)
opens with three choices: Modify, Repair, Uninstall.  I tried Repair in one
try (& repeated it couple of times later), and Modify choice in a later
attempt.  However every time I open a new Project in PyCharm I could not
get past the Modify Setup window.

2) I checked 'Uninstall or Change a Program' window of Windows7 and
confirmed Python 3.5.2(32-bit) and Python Launcher installed.  I also went
to the correct location in C:/Program Files (x86)/ directory and confirmed
Python being present.

3) I uninstalled Python and reinstalled.  This time I went with customized
installation choice.  I installed it in C:/Python/.
Installation was successful by itself.  However same error when I open
PyCharm and try to put the actual file location in the Interpreter field of
PyCharm.

4) I also went to DOS prompt or CMD screen, went to the directory where
Python was located as follows:
C:\Python>python exe -v.  This returns several lines of information.
For example:
 the first line is import _frozen_importlib # frozen.
second line is import _imp # builtin
import sys # builtin
There are some 15-20 lines like this which start with the term 'import'.
There are a few lines that start like this:
# C:\Python\lib\__pycache__\codecs.cpython-35.pyc matches
C:\Python\lib\codecs.py

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards
James