Ned Batchelder: Loop Like A Native

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Sun Aug 7 19:11:29 EDT 2016

On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 6:52:45 PM UTC-4, Lawrence D’Oliveiro wrote:
> On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 1:26:48 PM UTC+12, Ned Batchelder wrote:
> > I'm merely pointing out that your concern about multiple ways to exit loops
> > sounds like exactly what was discussed here two months ago.
>
> And one could point out that your presentation on Python loops sounds exactly like every other discussion on Python loops.

If you feel like my presentation was worthless, that would certainly be
something we could discuss here, respectfully.  I hope you don't actually
feel that way.

If Mark had posted this link in June, and then again now, I think it would
be reasonable for someone to say, "This was just posted in June, why repost
it now?"

> > Is there any reason to think there is new material to discuss?
>
> There are always new things to learn, even about such basic things as loops. Though some don’t seem to like it when I point this out...

We had a long thread about your point only two months ago.  Is there
something new to add to it?  I thought you made your point then, and had
a long discussion about it.  You'll have to decide if you think there
are new points to be made.

This list has had difficulty in the past with people who try to start the
same topics over and over again, because people didn't agree with them the
last three (or ten or twenty) times they brought it up.  It's unpleasant
and noisy, and pollutes the tone of other conversations.

I don't mean to put you into that category.  If you have new ideas about
loop termination that didn't get an airing in June, I'm sure people will
be interested to discuss them.

--Ned.