How do I make a game in Python ?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 16:02:39 EDT 2016

On 08/07/2016 08:47 AM, Cai Gengyang wrote:
> Games are great. I guess I would like to invent animated games that
> can teach students how to solve mathematical, physics, engineering ,
> Go and programming puzzles, basic financial literacy and investing
> techniques through interesting and enriching games and puzzles and
> university admissions interviews ... Create a piece of software like
> this, get users to test it ... then when the feedback streams in,
> iterate the product accordingly based on user feedback ...

I'm sure you could probably google for some resources about Python game
development. Google shows this link, for example, though I cannot vouch
for whether or not it would be helpful:
https://inventwithpython.com/chapters/
It claims to be a book that leads you through some game development
using Python.

Bear in mind that must start simple and work your way into more complex
things. If you think you can pick up Python and develop a "complex game"
in short order, you'll be very disappointed.  It's along process.  Even
what you described could take years to fully develop.  But if you have
patience and an aptitude for learning you can without a doubt accomplish it.

I think text-only number games are a great place to start honing your
skills.