Python slang

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 19:38:50 EDT 2016

On 2016-08-06, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sadly it has become an epidemic of late for folks to misuse the
> word, "myself."  I think it comes from people not wanting to sound
> presumptuous when referring to themselves.  It drives me crazy to
> hear so many people say something like, "this research was done by
> myself and my colleague Bob." No, this research was done by my
> colleague Bob and I.

Sadly it has become an epidemic of late for folks to misuse the
subjective pronoun "I" when the objective pronoun "me" is correct. It
drives me crazy to hear people say something like "this research was
done by my colleague Bob and I."  No, this research was done by my
colleague Bob and me.

:)

Unfortunately, the Internet allows no posting containing grammar
criticism to be grammatically correct.

[Including this one, which I'm sure has an error in grammar -- I just
can't find it.]

--
Grant