Win32 API in pywin32

Matt Wheeler m at funkyhat.org
Fri Aug 5 07:58:53 EDT 2016

On Fri, 5 Aug 2016, 02:23 Lawrence D’Oliveiro, <lawrencedo99 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 12:06:23 PM UTC+12, Igor Korot wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Lawrence D’Oliveiro wrote:
> >>
> >> Are people still using Win32? I thought Windows went 64-bit years ago.

The API is still called Win32 (fun fact: on 64 bit windows
C:\Windows\System32 actually contains the 64 bit system (binaries &
libraries). The 32 bit equivalents live in a dir called SysWOW64 (stands
for Windows on Win64 or something) and get mapped to their regular
locations for any 32 bit processes. That's right, 64 bit libraries live in
System32 and 32 bits in SysWOW64 :) )*

> This is the question about Win API calls....
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> This is a Python group.

And the question was about using the Windows API in Python. Not sure what
point you're trying to make here.

> You’re welcome.

* anyone from Microsoft listening and want to offer an explanation (don't
worry, I don't think anyone expects it to be good :D)?