Tracing memory in production django process with systemtap

Lei G xue177125184 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:40:45 EDT 2016

Hi all,

  Recently I met some python memory problems with Django and uwsgi, and found to find exactly which part is causing the problem, so I went to use systemtap to tracing the problem, and here are some problems that I met:

  It seems python needs to patch some 'probes' into the source code, but the patch for python version like 2.x ~ 3.x is not in the main python branch,

  If someone has used it, I want to know whether they are safe in the production?

  patch list: https://www.jcea.es/artic/python_dtrace.htm
  bug list: http://bugs.python.org/issue13405