Why not allow empty code blocks?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 18:31:03 EDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 8:21 AM, BartC <bc at freeuk.com> wrote:
> But is this a generic mechanism that works for /any/ .dll file, or does
> there have to be dedicated support for each of the 60 built-in modules?
>
> I'm talking about the former.

Frankly, I don't want that. Most C APIs are horrendously unPythonic,
so you'd need a wrapper anyway; plus, you shouldn't have to use C-like
idioms except VERY rarely (eg pointers and stuff).

You *can* use ctypes in CPython, but that's the failure mode for when
you don't have any better option. The best option, for a DLL that
doesn't already have any Python interface, is to write something in
Cython.

ChrisA