Why not allow empty code blocks?

Steven D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Tue Aug 2 13:54:35 EDT 2016

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 02:56 am, BartC wrote:

> (And I expect that next they will eliminate languages altogether. All
> you need is some way of specifying a sequence of calls to library
> functions and sprinkling around some control statements;

That would be called "a language".

> it could be
> drag-and-drop with a GUI display of the program flow.)

It could be, but won't be. Outside of a very few tiny niches, including
Squeak which is designed for children, such user-interfaces are far too
cumbersome to ever get widespread use.

But for limited niches, like generating GUIs, form designers, or even
assembling regular expressions, sure, why not?

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.