Why not allow empty code blocks?

alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 1 05:50:08 EDT 2016

On Mon, 01 Aug 2016 01:05:53 -0700, bart4858 wrote:

> On Monday, 1 August 2016 01:33:37 UTC+1, Chris Angelico  wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 10:21 AM,  <bart4858 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > However I do 'drive' as I've been programming for decades. And I can
>> > have an opinion about a model of car that I don't normally drive. An
>> > opinion which you might well not get from someone who drives that
>> > model for a living.
>> >

>> So've I, but I don't try to tell the Scheme folks that they need to
>> change the language. You can have an opinion - but it doesn't make it
>> worth anything.
>
> OK. But I both drive, and build my own cars!
>
> You think that my nearly 30 years' experience of designing interpreted
> languages and writing fast bytecode interpreters doesn't make my
> opinions have any more merit, that's fine.

Actually the more you make these claims the more I think you are
suffering from NIH (Not Invented Here) syndrome.

there is another poster on the F1 group who initially made comments along
the lines "Maybe Ferrari should employ me" at first they were taken as
tongue in cheek until it became apparent he actually believed them.

without any significant user base for any of your invented Languages I
would suggest they are nothing more than toys* & instead of thinking "my
designs are much better" you would be better to use the approach "that's
not how I would have done it what, do they know that I am missing"

* to be fare even a toy language is beyond my own meagre abilities.

--
Worst Month of 1981 for Downhill Skiing:
	August.  The lift lines are the shortest, though.