how to create a dictionary from csv file?

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Wed Apr 27 05:31:02 EDT 2016

Sibylle Koczian wrote:

> Am 27.04.2016 um 04:42 schrieb jfong at ms4.hinet.net:
>> Just curious:-) why everyone here open the csv file without using
>> newline='' as suggested in Python 3.4.4 document section 14.1?

Carelessness, lack of knowledge (I plead guilty), not on Windows and no
embedded newline in sight?

> And if the csv module is used anyway, why not simply read into a
> DictReader?

How would that help with looking up 3.5 by "apple" given the OP's sample
data

banana,4.0
apple,3.5
orange,3.0

? Please give a code example.

Finally, why would you think that asking rhetorical questions is a good way
to communicate?