Differences between Class(Object) and Class(Dict) for dictionary usage?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Apr 26 23:54:11 EDT 2016

Christopher Reimer <christopher_reimer at icloud.com> writes:

> If I'm using a dictionary to store variables for an object, and
> accessing the variable values from dictionary via property decorators

Why not use the built-in ‘dict’ type?

What does the new type do which isn't already better served by the
built-in ‘dict’ type?

(Note that “allow attribute-syntax access to dictionary items” does not
qualify as “better”, IMO; it qualifies as “needlessly confusing distinct
concepts”.)

> I haven't seen a good pro/con discussion on the Internet for using one
> over the other.

I haven't seen a good pro/con discussion of the use case you're trying
to address :-)

--
 \        “I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance |
  `\                                          any day.” —Douglas Adams |