Howw to prevent the duplication of any value in a column within a CSV file (python)

Joaquin Alzola Joaquin.Alzola at lebara.com
Tue Apr 26 15:05:37 EDT 2016

Just an example. Didn't use the csv but just hope that it helps.

name=[]
name_exist="Dop"

with open("dop.csv") as f:
        for line in f:
                line_split=line.split(',')
                name.append(line_strip[0])
        if name_exist in name:
                print "found name " + name_exist + " Can not append"
        else:
                file = open("dop.csv",'a')
                print "No name found"
                file.write(name_exist)