Howw to prevent the duplication of any value in a column within a CSV file (python)

Joaquin Alzola Joaquin.Alzola at lebara.com
Tue Apr 26 12:07:19 EDT 2016

import csv

Use dictionary {key:value}

-----Original Message-----
From: Python-list [mailto:python-list-bounces+joaquin.alzola=lebara.com at python.org] On Behalf Of peakgraphicz at gmail.com
Sent: 26 April 2016 17:01
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Howw to prevent the duplication of any value in a column within a CSV file (python)

I am wondering how to make my code function so it does not allow any of the same values to be entered into a column in my CSV file created through python. So I need to read into the CSV file and check if any names have already been entered. If they have, the user must not be allowed to enter this value.

Thanks in advance!