Can't run lpr from python on windows 2012 server

eryk sun eryksun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:17:07 EDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 9:26 AM, Random832 <random832 at fastmail.com> wrote:
> The problem with your question is that it's not a standard command, so none
> of the rest of us have it, which means we're half-blind trying to find your problem.

lpr is a Windows feature that you may be able to enable. It's under
"Print and Document Services" -> "LPR Port Monitor". It only installs
a 64-bit build, which is why loial is having trouble running it from
32-bit Python. But in Windows 7+ (Server 2008 R2), a 32-bit process
can use the virtual "%SystemRoot%\SysNative" directory to access files
in the native System32 directory. I can run lpr.exe from 32-bit Python
using this method.