a problem with importing pygame

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Apr 22 08:22:03 EDT 2016

On 22/04/2016 09:07, Kiril Bard wrote:
> I use python for my school work and I wanted to download it at home. I had
> my teacher download the version to a flash drive and it still doesn't seem
> to work. The version that I got  from the flash drive was python 3.4.2 and
> I think I got a 32 bit or a 64 bit pygame  for a windows machine. The
> program does not import pygame, it says that there is no module named
> pygame.

Kiril.

Your description of the  problem isn't quite clear. If you haven't, I
suggest you:

* Download Python 3.4 from here:

https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-343/

(Either the "Windows x86-64 MSI installer" or the "Windows x86 MSI
installer" depending on whether you want 64 or 32-bit respectively)

Run the installer and accept the defaults (unless you have a clear
reason to do otherwise)

* Then download the corresponding version of Pygame from here:

https://bitbucket.org/pygame/pygame/downloads

Either:

https://bitbucket.org/pygame/pygame/downloads/pygame-1.9.2a0-hg_ea3b3bb8714a.win32-py3.4.msi

for 32-bit; or

https://bitbucket.org/pygame/pygame/downloads/pygame-1.9.2a0-hg_8d9e6a1f2635+.win-amd64-py3.4.msi

for 64-bit

Run the installer and accept the defaults

* Then you should be able to start Python and import pygame

If you still have problems, please post back here to see if we can help you.

TJG