PEP proposal: sequence expansion support for yield statement: yield *

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 19:23:58 EDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 8:26 AM,  <kenseehart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, thanks for the link. And I suppose checking Python 3 for implementation would be a good prior step as well! Sadly, "yield from" is not in python 2.7, but it's presence in python 3.3 renders my proposal dead as a parrot without a liver.

This is what happens when you make proposals. Guido van Rossum has a
time machine, and he'll go back in time, implement the feature, and
quietly come back here :)

Keep on thinking about what would make the language better. Ideas are
great! But do remember to check the latest version of Python
(currently 3.5, with 3.6 in development); no new features will be
added to 2.7. In fact, I'd recommend making the switch to 3.5 as soon
as possible; you'll gain quite a few cool new features.

All the best!

ChrisA