Guido sees the light: PEP 8 updated

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Apr 19 16:50:51 EDT 2016

Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 9:44:39 PM UTC+5:30, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 01:04 pm, Rustom Mody wrote:
> >
> > > And more generally that programmers sticking to text when rest of world
> > > has moved on is rather backward:
> >
> > I'm pretty sure that the rest of the world has not moved on from text.
>
> Run your popular search engine on "popular linux apps" or some such and
> you will get for example:

That supports a claim of “there are many programs available that
primarily manipulate something other than text”. You didn't make that
claim, so providing support for that is irrelevant.

Your actual claim is that “the rest of the world has moved on from
text”.

You haven't supported that claim at all, and I see endless text everyday
in “the rest of the world”. So your claim is false.

--
 \           “I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I |
  `\        consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no |