Moderation and slight change of (de facto) policy

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Tue Apr 19 15:01:35 EDT 2016

On 04/19/2016 10:55 AM, Jon Ribbens wrote:
> On 2016-04-19, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

>> And yet, we manage to muddle on.
>
> We've muddled on so far, but apparently we're just about to have
> a significant change in moderation policy which sounds like it may
> very well add to the confusion.

The only thing changing is what happens if someone posts /directly/ to
the mailing list (not through gmane, etc).

And the change is: Instead of passing the message through, with the risk
that the poster will never see the responses), we are instead rejecting
the post with a short explanation of how to either sign-up to the list,
or use a mirror, etc, to interact with the list/newsgroup/mirror/whatever.

> If that's not true then I'm more or less happy ;-)

Excellent.

--
~Ethan~