Guido sees the light: PEP 8 updated

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:10:08 EDT 2016

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 7:30:18 PM UTC+5:30, Tim Chase wrote:
> On 2016-04-19 04:37, Rustom Mody wrote:
> > > No, they will not, because they'll make your code proprietary.
> >
> > Pragmatically yes; theoretically no because its like saying
> > "If one dont want to get locked down to MSWord proprietary tools
> > and formats one should use latex"
> > Refuted by the fact that libreoffice and odf etc are free/open
>
> Except that I still regularly have trouble with consistent formatting
> being portable between LO/OO.o/MSWord (heck, I still have trouble
> with MS Word not being consistent between versions).

1. That libre is in sux category compared to MS
2. That MS does legal and illegal things to lock people in
3. And other charms of civilized existence
naturally conduce us to the most rational choice - luddeiteism

Fortunately or unfortunately we dont always make rational choices :-)

text files are a luddite choice
They work in the same way that pen-n-paper keep working when the power
fails and computer is down