Guido sees the light: PEP 8 updated

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Mon Apr 18 23:29:49 EDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016, at 23:04, Rustom Mody wrote:
> See elastic tabstops: http://nickgravgaard.com/elastic-tabstops/

>From there:
>A column block is a run of uninterrupted vertically adjacent cells.

How's that going to handle this case:

if foo:             # comment that is aligned
    do some stuff   # across multiple indent levels

As far as I can tell, the model being proposed would align the indented
code either with the first line's comment, or somewhere after the colon.
I think it's excessively "clever" to think you can or should use the
same model to solve indentation as other forms of alignment.