Moderation and slight change of (de facto) policy

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Sun Apr 17 20:27:40 EDT 2016

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016, at 18:08, Matt Ruffalo wrote:
> Hi-
>
> That seems like a reasonable approach, though I think there *really*
> needs to be an option along the lines of "subscribed to the list for the
> purposes of moderation, but not receiving list messages via email".

There is. I'm on several other (non-python, but still using mailman)
mailing lists like that because they require you to be a subscriber to
post via gmane.

> On 2016-04-17 12:57, Tim Golden wrote:
> > First, a quick summary of the current settings of the list:
> >
> > * Any post from someone who's not subscribed to the list is held for
> > moderation

As an alternative, when you send them through can you put a note on the
bottom saying they're not subscribed, to remind people to CC them in
problem" questions (especially the crt dll thing and the modify remove
repair thing). A couple other lists I'm on do this and it works well. I
think most of the people who have objections to CC-ing are annoyed when
they *receive* messages CC'd *to them*, rather than objecting on
principle to doing it in reply to other people who aren't subscribed.