Moderation and slight change of (de facto) policy

Matt Ruffalo matt.ruffalo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 18:08:07 EDT 2016

Hi-

That seems like a reasonable approach, though I think there *really*
needs to be an option along the lines of "subscribed to the list for the
purposes of moderation, but not receiving list messages via email". I
think I did this with the Git mailing list in the past, and it was quite
useful. I prefer to read the mailing list over NNTP through Thunderbird
-- if I have to decide between receiving every mailing list message via
email, or not sending messages to the list, I'll probably decide to not
send anything to the list at all.

This is one of the reasons I'm not very active on this mailing list;
it's hard to effectively participate in a conversation when I know it
might be several hours or half a day before my message appears, and a
discussion will likely have changed enough in that time that a late
message may not be very useful.

MMR...