No subject

eryk sun eryksun at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 15:52:16 EDT 2016

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 2:27 AM, B N <becon12 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I found that when the “black” screen comes on, I am unable to read/see
> any characters even if I turn up the brightness of the screen.

Do you mean the console, i.e. the window used by the command prompt
(cmd.exe)? For a novice, you'll probably be better off using Python
IDLE. It should be in the start menu under "Python 3.5". Or just type
"idle" to search for it.

If you want to continue using the console, you can modify the default
text and background colors for the current application. Click on the
system menu in the upper left-hand corner of the window and choose
"Properties". On the "Colors" tab change the color of the screen text
and background. On the "Font" tab I recommend selecting a TrueType
font such as Consolas.

To change the default settings, select "Defaults" instead of
"Properties". You can also modify per-shortcut settings by
right-clicking a shortcut and selecting "Properties". The console
applies saved settings starting with the defaults, then the
application settings, and then the shortcut settings.

cmd also has a built-in "color" command to modify the text and
background colors in a command prompt. Enter "color /?" to get a list
of the 16 supported colors, which are numbered 0-F. For example,
"color 0F" uses bright white (F) text on a black (0) background.

> Also I have not ben ale to save it on C/programmes/files

You shouldn't be saving files to system directories. Save your scripts
in your personal folder.