Guido sees the light: PEP 8 updated

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sat Apr 16 17:50:27 EDT 2016

On 2016-04-17 06:08, Ben Finney wrote:
> Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com> writes:
> > if we still had 1970's 80 character TTYs that would matter but on
> > my 29" 1920x1080 screen it doesn't.
>
> Larry, you've been around long enough to know that's not an argument
> against a limited line length for code. It is not about the
> technology of your terminal. It's about the technology of the brain
> reading the text.

But just in case you do want to consider hardware limits, I do some
of my coding on my phone & tablet, both of which are ~80 characters
wide at best (or less if I use the phone in portrait mode).  I also do
some editing/diffing within a cmd.exe window on Windows which is
limited to 80 characters unless you do some hijinks in the settings
to expand it.

-tkc