Guido sees the light: PEP 8 updated

alex wright wrightalexw at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 15:21:59 EDT 2016

We employ a pretty hard limit of 100.  This way I can reliably have 1
module split vertically with a test or configuration file open or 3
separate modules, etc.  I find 80 to be a bit strict, although in the past
I've been in unfortunate environments where it was helpful.  The rest of
PEP8 is largely adhered to wherever possible and it's been wonderful.  When
I first came to the project it had no real standard and was mostly
formatted at the whims of the one dev working on it.  It was a mess.  The
team has grown significantly internationally and a codified standard not
rooted in any of our habits is great.

(I've never replied to this list so I hope I don't goof up.)